Thursday, May 10, 2012

{MAMA'S DAY .....}

{My Sweet Grandmother, known as Mema or Memom or Meme depending on the grandchild you talk to.}  [:

She calls me Mama. I called my mother "Mama." What do you call the lady whom gave you birth? Why did you choose that? Whether you have a great relationship with your mom or not, is there at least one time in your entire life growing up that you can remember that nothing but HER made it "all better"?

I know for my little "Sunshine" I am thrilled when she wants no one but me, but teaching her to be dependent on me at the right moments is a challenge in and of itself, let alone at her age.

This Mother's Day I am cherishing every second with the ladies in my life that have been "like" a mom to me. Mine passed on Sept. 6th 2000 from cervical cancer, and while I think the Good Lord has one of the most amazing women ever up there in Heaven with Him, I sure do know I miss her terribly. I have was so blessed to have the time I did with her, so thankful to now have a daughter of my own to lavish with love, affection and attention like she always tried to do.  Life was not simple then, and it is no less now. I am dealing with some health issues right now, but I can praise God knowing that what I am dealing with is nothing like what my mama dealt with in even the earliest days of knowing the cancer was in fact presiding within her. I will make it through what I am dealing with, with victory and in honor of her. My daughter will  learn what a warrior her "Grams" was and I will do my best to show her how much of one I know I want to be. I pray that I can teach her half as much as my mom did and my sweet grandmother has to this very day.
Happy Mother's Day to all the sweet Mama's & Grand-Mama's out there this 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment